The ECO Pal pH+ Tester measures pH, one of the more important control parameters in Koi ponds. Having a rugged, reliable and portable tester is indispensable to Koi hobbyists on the move.
pH is a unit of measure that describes the degree of acidity or alkalinity of a solution. The value of pH 7.0 represents neutrality. Below pH 7.0 is acid and above 7.0 is alkaline.
Most of the fish species are happy in water within a range of pH 6.0 to 7.5, but others need water maintained to an even more exact specification. General conditions within the pond, and particularly the level of carbon dioxide, have an effect on the water’s pH levels. This makes it even more important that you monitor the water carefully, since a sudden shift in pH, even a small one, may represent a danger to pond life.
In a well-planted pond, where there is a substantial uptake of carbon dioxide and nitrate by the plants, hydrogen ions will be steadily used up. So there will be an increase in pH, unless you take steps to replenish carbon dioxide levels. In a pond that contains poor, or scant plant growth, however, the trend is towards a rise in potentially harmful nitrate levels and a decline in the levels of both pH and alkalinity.
- Auto Off – The auto-off feature shuts off the tester when it is idle.
- Floatable – Even in the event if the tester is accidentally dropped into the water, it will remain afloat so as to enable immediate retrieval without damaging the electronics.
- Splash Proof – Tester is splash proof, allowing easy washing.
- Low Batt – The auto-off feature shuts off the tester when it is idle.
- Shock Proof – Tester is able to withstand falls or drop shocks due to accidents.
- One-Touch Calibration – Effortless calibration with a single touch of the button.
- Hold Function – Able to freeze display for ease of reading.
- Beep Function – The tester beeps at every press of the button and beeps on every completed function and end-point reading.
Specifications: Model: Eco pH Plus
0.0 pH to 14.0 pH
+/- 0.2 pH
0 to 50°C or 32 to 122°F
Approx. 15 minutes
4 x 1.5V Button Cell (Alkaline A76 or equivalent)
Approx. 150 hours
|Product Dimension Size||
170mm (L) x 32mm (W) x 15mm (H)