Creating a koi pond offers a unique challenge. The aim is to disguise the systems that provide water circulation and filtration in a finished pond that not only looks attractive, but also provides the demanding environmental conditions that koi need to thrive.
This book explores all the practical aspects of designing and building a koi pond, from basic construction and filter installation to routine maintenance and ideas for upgrades. Liner and block-built pond projects are shown in detailed step-by-step photographs and illustrations.
- Hard Cover – 77 color pages!
- Building Techniques – Practical guidance on building techniques, including how to fibreglass the walls of a block-built pond.
- Helpful Graphics – Explanatory graphics help you to understand how water-treatment systems work.
- Filtration Systems – How to choose and install the best filter for the size and type of pond you wish to build.
- Foods and Feeding – Expert advise on preparing enhanced foods to keep you koi health and growing.